Sunday, March 14, 2010

How much money do national guardsmen get paid for building the fence down there at the border?

Do they get health insurance? They are working in the sun with 115 degree weather; they could easily suffer a heat stroke. If I had the money I would send them gatorade or something. Most of them are just kids! Support our troops. God bless them.

How much money do national guardsmen get paid for building the fence down there at the border?
They do it for free b/c they think they are doing the country a good deed. I know what you mean- it's sad that they are just kids, but really, there are very few highly-educated people who are going to take on that sort of thing. If I were silly enough to serve as a pawn in the game, I'd sure cut my losses at this point and get the H out of Iraq. I mean, for crying out loud. I'd be like, "Okay, we'll see ya later; I'm going home because this is just getting ridiculous."


I can't even get started on the border thing. I just can't even get going on that absurdity.
Reply:Are you silly or something? You think they're down there with no gatorade? I'm not a guard guy, but I thnk they get the regular active duty pay rate while called up domestically don't they - like say it was a hurricane or something. That rate depends on rank %26amp; years of service. Pay charts all over the net. From what I understand, for the most part they've volunteered to be down there. I also understand a good number of the people being counted in this process are aircrews (flying over %26amp; home to the fam at night) %26amp; survellince/intell guys (air conditioned offices) monitoring movements for report to border patrol. They do have full heath coverage when on active duty. They're in state service though, again you're going to have to get a guard guy for the exact details, but they're being taken care of, don't worry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting