Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How to get back my money from the escrow account if the deal gets cancelled?

I was in process of buying a restaurant and have deposited $1000 in the escrow account. Later on I stepped back and decided not to buy the business because the seller was unable to provide me the tax papers on time.





Now the seller's attorney says that he is not going to release the money deposited in the escrow account as I have not provided any valid reason to cancel the deal.





What should I do to get my money back from the escrow account?

How to get back my money from the escrow account if the deal gets cancelled?
Usually the earnest money is not returned unless there is a valid reason why you're backing out. Not receiving tax returns should work for this purpose but you will need a written statement from the seller stating that they will not release tax info and you are cancelling the deal and the money may be returned to you. Without any evidence of why you're backing out the atty does not have to release the escrow money back to you. If you still have difficulty you may have to obtain an atty of your own or if you have a commercial realtor they should be able to draw up the doc for both parties to sign to get the money back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting