Saturday, October 24, 2009

How can i get a refund on a lost Western Union money order?

I purchased a $250 money order from Western Union six months ago. I sent it to a friend of mine cause he was short on funds and needed the money. I did it as a an surprise gift and I guess his pride took a hold of the situation because he tore it up and never cashed it.





Now that the money order is gone I'm trying to figure out how to get that $250 back. There is a refund request on the back of the money order receipt, but since it contains my only proof of having bought the money order, I'm a bit nervous of letting go of it.





If there is anybody out there with experience on getting a refund I would be interested in hearing your story. Or if you have any advice on what to do, that would be appreciated as well.

How can i get a refund on a lost Western Union money order?
I might suggest calling Western Union or drop into a western union. If the only way to get a refund is to send the receipt in, I would ask if the Western union location can somehow copy it and certify it to be a true copy of the original. There might be a form that needs to be filled out indemnifying them if the money order is cashed (meaning you will be liable if the money order is subsequently cashed).





Hope that helps!


John


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting