Saturday, October 24, 2009

How much money does it cost to earn an associates degree?

How much would it cost to get an associates degree? I know there is student loans but that will cost money too in the long run right, to pay off all those loans.

How much money does it cost to earn an associates degree?
To get an associates degree, the cost varies upon state and school. Is it a private college or isit funded by the state or federal government. In CA. when I got my AA at a state run community college the cost was $13.00 a unit. But a few years later it was $11.00 a unit. most AA degrees are between 36 and 42 units approx.





There are federal grants and loans available. The FASFA is a federal grant/loan option (which I highly reccommend) you can find them online. I can't remember what the accronym stands for but that was how I paid for more education. Not only my AA but my BA as well. There are also Pell Grants and other funds available. Some programs you will have to pay back. Those are usually loans. But you usally don't have to worry about paying those back for up to 6 months or more. And typically the monthly payments depend on the amount of the loans. I only had $5,000 to repay after receiving my BA, and I went to a private college. I would encourage you to go to the financial aid office of the school(s) you are considering attending and ask them about any and all programs they have. They will be more than willing to help you, I promise. Make sure that the school(s) you look into are accrediated (approved by a governing body that make sure their curriculum is up to scratch) if they are not then all of your hard work might be for nothing and you will wind up with nothing. That includes the AA or BA degree, transferable credits to other institutions, and the waste of valuable money and time, because you may have to start completely over. Also make sure that the college has the type of degree or emphasis that you are looking for or again you will be wasting your time. Go in and talk with an academic advisor and get an idea of what their college can offer. I hope this helps, good luck.
Reply:It depends on where you live..





In CA each unit per semester is about $26 dollars at community college, but here in WA the first 11 units per quarter are $74 each and then the price does down.





Wishing I had finished school in CA!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting