Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How much money can I make before getting a business lisence?

I am looking to host an event. I want to charge an entrance cover fee since I am renting a banquet hall at a hotel. In California, can I legally do this with out a business license?


I will not be making much money if any. I think I read somewhere that if I make less than $600.00 annually that I do not have to register. Is that correct?

How much money can I make before getting a business lisence?
You can look on the state of ca.gov and there is an icon for small business. And you may want to look up for federal tax


of you do not have any other income you will not need to pay income tax. But send an email to the state they will help you. 'Also try SBA.gov the state of CA and the SBA offers grants for small businesses. good luck
Reply:Here in Florida, if you operate without a business license you are immediately subject to a fine. However, for sales tax, if you are doing a one time event, it may not be viewed as being your "business" and you would not need to collect sales tax or register. Not sure what's taxable in California though. In Florida, admission is taxable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting