Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where is a good place to identify and appraise international paper money?

I found a plastic bag full of foreign money in an estate sale that goes back to the early 20th century. I am not sure where some of the paper money is from. Does anyone know of a good online website that would help identify the foreign money and appraise it's net worth?

Where is a good place to identify and appraise international paper money?
There are a few sites out there that may help in figuring out what you have but none for values. I have the new Standard Catalog of World Paper Money but oney the 1961-present volume. The other two are in the $70 range each and since coins are my main focus I get the coin books, the world coin ones to cover 1601-2008 are over $250 for the set. You will have to find a world coin and paper money dealer in your area. That may not be easy for there are not lots of them. You can do a google search yourself by typing in world paper money. I found sites that way a few minutes ago. It may take a while to locate and price each one. If you have a large library near you they may have all the paper money catalogs. Prices are retails but dealers sell for way less sometimes 50% less. This is the best I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting