Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How much money will be withheld for my taxes if I live in NY?

If I make $13.7 an hour and I am only withheld the federal, state and city tax (no health etc.) how much money would I make and hour after the taxes?

How much money will be withheld for my taxes if I live in NY?
That depends on a lot of things. Your question is incomplete. Are you married? How many hours a week would you work?





If you are single, and declare that on your Form W-4 (withholding certificate) and you are paid every other week, work 40 hours a week, your pay would look something like this:





Bi-weekly Gross Pay


$1,096.00


Federal Withholding


$115.13


Social Security


$67.95


Medicare


$15.89


New York


$38.80


NY SDI


$1.20


City Tax


$24.74





Net Pay


$832.29





(The NY SDI is a state disability tax. Some employers pay it for the employee.)





I used www.paycheckcity.com to run the calculation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting