Friday, November 6, 2009

How much money would it cost to start a national magazine?

I am very interested in starting my own business and have a great idea for a magazine. I am a graphic designer with some business skills. I'm just wondering how much money I would need to begin a nationally released magazine. Extra credit if you could give me an estimate of how many employees Id need!

How much money would it cost to start a national magazine?
I published a medical magazine in the south.Circulation was about 120000. It cost me almost $250000 just to get it up and running not counting the rental of time for printing. You'll need about 15-20 employees to start, incl sales,layout,design,edit,photo,color analyst,etc


If youre going to sell subscriptions youre looking at 6 mos+ before youre in the black-assuming your ad sales cover cost of publishing. LOTS OF 20 HOUR DAYS, 7 days a week
Reply:a couple millon


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

money Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting